Sunday, April 11, 2021

Epic mini NZ day 3 - a day for Grinders

Today was a big day, we rode from Takaka to Murchison which is stunning, the weather gods played ball + the sun was out, no rain. 180 km with almost 2k climbing. Im too tired to write too much tonight, so just check out the pics and have noted a few bullet points of random musings :- - climb from Takaka side of Takaka Hill was not as bad as anticipated. Better than the Bastard (( local Chch climb) - I know why its called Hope Saddle.... - I was literally and figuratively 3rd wheel as Graham towed myself and Laurence home from the top of Hope Saddle  - Dinner at the Commercial was ready as soon as we got there and the beer was cold - and they had soft cushioned seats, much to everyone's delight- glad was not just me with a sore bum!! - Thanks to Darryn for sorting my cleat , shim removed so hoping can get both sit bones on the saddle tomorrw. -

No comments:

Post a Comment