Sunday, April 4, 2021

Epic camp mini NZ prologue

Well hello there adoring fans and readers .......back in the blogosphere again as another Epic camp is imminent, this time at the top of the South Island here in NZ. Don't think we get blogging points on this one but I enjoy re reading my previous Epic diaries so why not document this one for good measure. Not sandbagging but not as aerobically fit pre camp as intended, slightly derailed by a cold a couple of weeks ago and also just general lack of motivation/ mental energy for training in the last couple of weeks as well as this is usually off season. Also, the local outdoor pool has shut and my usual swim pool is also closed so gettiung to the pool seems like a bit of a logistical hassle too..... not really, just my general apathy !!! I bargained with myself that at least if I didnt want to do a 5 hr ride, at least do something and also compensate for reduced engine capacity by making sure the chassis is at least strong and functional, something I've neglected a bit over the summer so have hit the gym a few times in the last week or 2 to try get the quads ready to cope with all the riding :-) Right enough waffle - I must pack, trying to pack light for a triathlon camp is nigh impossible; especially to be prepared for all weathers. However, in my heart of hearts I know I won't fry as much as I did leaving Sort or freeze as much as I did on the Port d"Envalira**** so I can cope with anything !! See you on the other side in Nelson. **** see previous Epic camp blog from 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment