Sunday, June 26, 2016

Epic Prologue

Oh my, its finally here.

Have been awake before the 5am alarm this morning so thought what better to do than update the blog as intended.

Still have some sniffles and a cough lurking around but feel a lot better than two days ago, survived a 2hour ride yesterday morning although any inclination upwards felt like a struggle which has filled me with even more fear with the impending visit up the famous Mont Ventous today :-)
But I will pace myself into this camp and am happy to take it slow and build in for the first few days ( "slow" - ha, like I have options of other speeds - well, relative to the other campers anyway !)

Weather here down in Aix has been fab, enjoyed a pleasant stroll round the town centre yesterday afternoon with some ogling through patisserie windows and sampling of local delicacies at the market in the square.

Most of the campers have arrived, the odd one without bike, some with cancelled flights still arriving last night. We have a fab support crew lined up and of course plenty of supplies, chamois cream and most importantly (I have to remind myself when things are getting really tough) a GOOD ATTITUDE. Which, cheesy as it sounds ,rhymes with GRATITUDE so stop whingeing and keep pedalling :-)

The biggest challenge here thus far is saying NO to the abundance of pain-aux-chocolats,delectable pastries, artisan breads and the like that are on offer everywhere we turn. Not to mention the local fromage selection. Something to look forward to post camp errr, I mean Alp d'hues triathlon.

Still having uploading issues with blogger so I will try post some pics to FB and see if I can add a link,

Time for coffee and get the togs on ready for 1st camp session, will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment