Sunday, June 26, 2016

On y va!!!

Well, its been a long time between drinks ( as it were) although I do have 2 drafts lurking in the unpublished column of this blog. One being a race report from Ironman Western Australia in 2014 and the other an update on the happenings and life changes of 2015.

I'll get round to adding photos and publishing those eventually but thought I'd better start the blog again as am about to set off on some cycling and triathlon adventures to France  with a trip to Switzerland and Italy sprinkled in for good measure.

I'd like to try blog daily ( not just for extra Epic camp points) but to diarise the trip and ensure that I actually make a concerted effort to take photographs.




So work is done, the pets are off on their holiday to the kennels and I am trying to rest up and get rid of this tickle cough/runny nose type winter lurgy although the impending 24 hours plus of long haul flying doesn't give me too much hope given departure time is 10 hours away :-)
Well, here I am finishing this off in my hotel room by Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, its 30 degrees out, had the best sleep I've ever had on flights ( in between coughs). Just about to head out and get some fresh air and try get myself into the time zone before retiring for the night in a bed. TGV train to Aix en Provence tomorrow which is our base for the first night or two of camp ( which officially starts Monday 27th June, so hoping I am feeling rested and recovered and less like a sweaty teletubbie than I do now :-)

*** Sorry there are no pics, having a few browser problems which I thought I'd fixed by using Google Chrome but it still seems to dislike me trying to upload anything***

Quick aside- meant to publish this a couple of days ago but have had issues connecting to the Wifi ; finally got that issue resolved too. Hopefully no more technology problems...... A bientot .....


No comments:

Post a Comment