Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Spent Sunday.

No, I have not forgotten to complete the sentence.....just an apt description of the mind and body after my biggest training week since 2019!! Not much to report on today so will keep it brief and a few photos.......... Slept til 7, leisurely brekky with a little food fatigue in the mix too. More bread, ham and cheese consumed. Off to the pool for some "games".......nooooooo, I know exactly what this means. After an auspicious start and what felt like a good warm up, it was time for the handicapped ( literally and metaphorically in some cases...!) 400m. based on half IM swim times. Well, I havent' swum a half ironman swim since 2019. The fishies all started first then it was time for the rest of us , although Dave D and I had an interloper in our lane doing back stroke while we did ours ( Molina) who kindly mentioned he thought we were just cooling down like him. No, we are just fucking slow......!! St J de M pool - site of some intense battles :-)
After the 8 mins of thrashing and general questioining of life choices, it was a 50 m kick race. Actually I was not to bad at that though was so starved of oxygen after 25m I thought I was going to explode! Then team relays based on where you reside, sorry John. Was always a ganble being stuck with a big handicap ( Dave D and myself). So Team Chch were DFL in that!! A quick trip to the supermarket for snacks before it shut then back to the hotel and an afternoon sleep for me. Finally dragged myself out for an easy 5km round St jean du Maurienne stopping to take photos.
Tomorrow, we ride to La Grave via the Cols de Telegraphe, Galibier and Lautouret. Hope my quads have recovered after a day's rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment