Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Day 8 - Triathlon at Lac Annecy

Today we got a sleep in as breakfast was not scheduled til 7.30am.
My, what a spread of fruit, porridge , cereals, yogurt, ham, cheese, local bread, croissants, nutella, peanut butter and coffee from the Nespresso machine. Fit for a king!!

Once suitably repasted and sorted with wetsuits in the van, runners sitting outside on the deck, we headed on bikes the 32km downhill ( net ) to Lac Annecy our swim venue. It could get a little confusing on the way back I think!1

John showed us our swim course, quick warm up then off we went. I was following someone in an IM talk cap, must have missed the 2nd buoy as I was out of the water with the fast boys and had only swum 770m, not 1km but I was not the only one apparently!
On to the bikes, wrong turn for me through the village which I soon corrected and thankfully saw fellow camper, Walter, who pointed me in the correct direction then headed back. Once through the town of Thones it was uphill all the way home in the hot sun, splitting headache for me - felt like a sinus headache but did wonder if I had accidentally had a decaf coffee at breakfast as it was THAT kind of headache. That ride for me was a matter of survival, did not feel too great at all and was glad to get back to the Chalet. Our run was 1.7km slight downhill turnaround run back up hill to chalet twice through.
Thankfully my headache disappeared and despite a quick loo stop ( weird French public toilets - when you go in and shut the door, the loo flushes ??!!) I managed to dig it in and run at reasonable click all things considered prior and knowing that at ;east once finished that would training done for the day. A short day of only ~ 4 hrs . Wowsers!

After another tasty feast out in the sun, a few of us herded ourselves into the van and went into the town of Grand Bornand - its a beautiful spot, quite Swiss looking. Not much is open in France between 12 and 3pm as its siesta time. I think thats an AWESOME concept. Z and I headed straight for the Craft sale shop and bought some nicely discounted gear ( her more than me...!) then we found the others who pointed us in the direction of the ice cream shop; I felt I had already had way more dairy than I should be eating ( I am basically dairy free apart from a wee bit of cream in my coffee but have not had the will power to say NO to the amazing local cheeses on offer in France....) and didnt feel like an ice cream so opted for a coffee and bought 3 chocolate cows instead. For gifts of course, although there were only 2 left by the time we got back in the van :-)

Afternoon tea was served at 5pm. home made brioche and fruit breads with some chocolate and blended berry smoothies. I really should have downloaded Myfitnesspal before this camp as Id be interested to see what my daily calorie consumption would be. Better put the reins on the Nom noms next week when back to self catering :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment