Sunday, July 28, 2019

Epic camp day 8 - awesome day in paradise.

As the song goes, what a difference a day makes......24 little hours.
or perhaps a good nights sleep in a temperate room and the sun shining on us today..

I can't be bothered writing lengthy prose tonight so you will have to work out the story from the photos ( just for you Nicky !!)

Brief synopsis:

6.30 left for swimming lake to do pre brekky handicap aquathon.

I was off first so had responsibility of checking water temp.....warm luckily as was non wetsuit.
Swim 3 laps ~ 1100m
Run 4 laps on the trail which amounted to just under 5km.

Back in van , attack breakfast buffet ( another good one. Lost count of croissant/bread consumption so hence no longer noted )

11am depart 57 km to the med ( St Cyrien sue le plage ) with a 13km TT to start the ride. Nice tail wind net descent... then regroup and cruise to the seaside.

A few swam, I dipped my feet in so have had a foot in each ocean either side of Pyrenees.

A few ( myself included ) chose to ride back, warm headwind ( kinda like a Canty NW but not as strong ) with a net uphill. Lost the boys, Garmin took me in weird directions but managed with the help of Ian spotting me on our tracker app got back on the correct road and was soon rolling through vineyards in the French countryside in the sun, on my bike. Living my best life as they say, cant think of a better way to spend a Sunday arvo....

Opps, back on the main highway to Prades, run out of water, should have stopped in last village, all i can dream of is a huge diet coke..... getting a bit hot and hangry..... luckily McD's is across the road from the hotel, Couldnt find the way in, couldn't be fucked so climbed over the wall..... Big Mac and a pint of diet coke.....that felt like all my dreams come true at once.

Right enough waffle, hopefully all these pics upload, Google doesn't like Safari ... b

Note the pic of f my torso is to show what it looks like after a ride in the heat.... salty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment